In most cases of moderate to severe periodontal disease, Dr. Allan Ruda and Dr. Beth DeAngelis in Red Bank, NJ recommend laser periodontal surgery. New techniques such as the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) can remove inflamed or diseased tissue in a manner that does not disturb the teeth, bone, or healthy tissue. While traditional methods of periodontal surgery use scalpels that can potentially harm these areas, LANAP® does not. In fact, LANAP® actually encourages regrowth in areas that have been damaged by periodontal disease. There are several other benefits, as well:
- Minimal Pain – LANAP® does not use scalpels to cut and remove tissue from the gum line. Instead, a highly sophisticated laser is used to vaporize and remove infected tissue in a minimally painful manner.
- Less Bleeding – In addition to the absence of scalpels and other cutting instruments, LANAP® can actually cauterize your wounds and minimize any bleeding that may occur.
- Less Recession – While traditional periodontal surgery can require large amounts of tissue removal, LANAP® helps to preserve the gum line and minimize the occurrence of recession resulting from treatment.
- Faster Healing – The preservation of healthy tissue and the stimulation of bone and tissue regrowth allow LANAP® a quicker healing time than traditional periodontal surgery.
- Long Term Success – Dr. Ruda and Dr. DeAngelis can use the laser to promote regrowth in areas that have been damaged by periodontal disease. This means that there is a reduced chance that tooth or bone loss will occur.
LANAP® is a method of laser periodontal surgery that has been proven safe and effective enough to receive clearance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Dr. Ruda and Dr. DeAngelis are part of a select group of professionals who have undergone the rigorous training and certification process required to become license practitioners of LANAP®.
LANAP® is an advanced method of providing periodontal surgery to those in need. To learn more about treating periodontal disease in Red Bank, NJ, contact Dr. Ruda and Dr. DeAngelis to schedule your consultation today!